Don’t make excuses; make improvements. – Tyra Banks
Bloating and weight gain are very common in midlife, but they do not have to be. There are solutions to help you.
It can be challenging to beat the bloat and lose weight during this time of our lives. What we did in our 20s and 30s is not going to work in our 40s, 50s, and beyond. Our bodies are changing, so we need to change our approach to weight loss.
Here are a few good tips:
- Remove flour and processed sugar from your diet.
- Drink at least 8 cups of water per day
- Move your body for a minimum of 30 minutes per day
- Add in weight training, if possible
- Improve sleep habits by practicing a bedtime routine each night
- Practice deep breathing exercises each day. Deep breathing exercises have been shown to help with bloating, gas, overall digestion and even reduce anxiety.
- Peppermint Tea or Ginger Tea can help with bloating.
- Making your health a priority and not making excuses as to why you can’t do it. This is the most important tip because, if you do not do this, then you can’t get all the other tips done.